What to expect
Our Client-Focused Process
At The ALG Group, we provide comprehensive Tax Preparation services with a focus on what matters most--our clients. Our client-focused process allows us to best address the unique needs of all our clients to ensure the most successful return. Our team of tax professionals know the nuances of every type of tax return, in addition to the ability to resolve complex tax issues. Our process has been created to give our customers the most personalized experience possible with the best outcome. You can always count on The ALG Group for dependable tax support that is accurate and catered to your specific needs. Find out in detail below how we operate and what to anticipate when working with us.
Provide ALG with all necessary documentation
- Schedule a meeting,
- Upload documents electronically, or
- Drop off documents at our East Lansing or Howell locations
- NOTE: We can accept your documents all at once, or feel free to provide them as you get them.
ALG will supply an Engagement Letter for review and signature once we are both confident that all information needed to prepare the return is provided.
- The Engagement Letter details the tax preparation agreement, payment, and roles/responsibilities of ALG and you.
ALG starts the tax return process.
- We aim to complete your tax return within two weeks.
- However, as the tax deadline nears, completion may take three weeks.
- We correspond with you via phone and/or email if there are any questions or missing documentation.
ALG completes the tax return!
- Your ALG CPA will provide a detailed video review of your tax return via email. This video review covers key aspects of your tax return.
- See examples of our tax review videos:
Choose how you’d like to finalize your return, which includes reviewing your tax return, signing it, and completing final payment for tax services:
- Schedule a meeting with ALG,
- Finalize electronically, or
- Visit our East Lansing location only - no appointment needed.
We will follow up with you when your tax return
Mid-January - ALG sends out tax organizers to help prepare for tax season.
Last week of January - Tax season starts and the IRS begins accepting tax returns for processing.
2/28/23 - Last day to provide ALG your information for business tax returns to ensure we can file before the deadline.
3/15/23 - S-Corporation and Partnership business tax returns due.
3/27/23 - Last day to provide ALG your information for individual tax returns to ensure we can file before the deadline.
4/18/23 - Individual, Trust, and C-Corporation tax returns due.